Welcome to Clyde ...
Time Zone: Clyde lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Clyde: (780) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Clyde: T0G<2>
Communities Also Named Clyde ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 42 communities that are also named Clyde - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, California (3), Georgia, Idaho (2), Illinois (2), Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan (2), Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska (2), New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario, Pennsylvania (2), Prince Edward Island, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Washington (2), West Virginia (2) and Wisconsin (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Clyde.
Communities near Clyde ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Clyde.
- Westlock (8 miles [12.9 km] to the west)
- Legal (13 miles [20.9 km] to the south)
- Pickardville (12 miles [19.3 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pickardville
- Pickardville lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Clyde
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pickardville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pickardville
- Vimy (5 miles [8 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vimy
- Vimy lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Clyde
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vimy
- Rochester (17 miles [27.4 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rochester
- Rochester lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Clyde
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rochester
- Busby (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Busby
- Busby lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Clyde
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Busby came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Busby
- Pibroch (12 miles [19.3 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pibroch
- Pibroch lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Clyde
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pibroch
- Dapp (17 miles [27.4 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dapp
- Dapp lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Clyde
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dapp
- Tawatinaw (12 miles [19.3 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tawatinaw
- Tawatinaw lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Clyde
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tawatinaw
- Nestow (6 miles [9.7 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nestow
- Nestow lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the north of Clyde
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nestow
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Clyde ...
Looking for more information about Clyde? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Clyde, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Clyde.
Adding Clyde to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Clyde was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Clyde on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Clyde
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Clyde. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Clyde). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Clyde or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Clyde) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Clyde. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ClydeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Clyde. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.1486, Longitude: -113.6358 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|