Welcome to Legal ...
The town of Legal is 2,300 feet [701 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Legal is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Legal lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Legal: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Legal: T0G<3>
Websites for Legal ...
Official Website: www.town.legal.ab.ca/
Communities Also Named Legal ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found another community named Legal - it's located in Illinois.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Legal.
Communities near Legal ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Legal.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Morinville
- Morinville lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the south of Legal.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Morinville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morinville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Morinville<6>
- Bon Accord
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bon Accord
- Bon Accord lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Legal.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bon Accord came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bon Accord
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bon Accord<6>
- Upper Manor Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Upper Manor Estates
- Upper Manor Estates lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the south of Legal.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Upper Manor Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clyde
- Clyde lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the north of Legal.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clyde
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Namao
- Namao lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Legal.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Namao came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Namao
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pickardville
- Pickardville lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Legal.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pickardville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pickardville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vimy
- Vimy lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the north of Legal.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vimy
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Legal ...
Looking for more information about Legal? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Legal, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Legal.
Adding Legal to Our Gazetteer ...
The earliest source that we've referenced which mentioned Legal was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Legal on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Alberta (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Legal.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Legal: www.town.legal.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Legal - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Legal). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Legal or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Legal) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Legal. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LegalOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Legal. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.9491, Longitude: -113.5954 |
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|