Although we found mention of Amber Valley during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Over time, we expect to discover additional information that will be added to our Gazetteer..
When we're planning a trip and want to make reservations or still at home and looking for a place to eat, we usually start by visiting the TripAdvisor website. Once on their website we search for what's available, then check the recommendations and experiences of other people.
Although there are many ways of searching the TripAdvisor website, we prefer to start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page. On the Tourism page you'll find a quick overview of the community, with links to restaurants, lodging, flights, rentals and nearby attractions.
While we are unaware of a TripAdvisor Tourism page that is specific to Amber Valley, there are nearby communities that are likely to provide the information that you're looking for. If you want to learn more about those communities, the following map should be of help.
List of Neighboring TripAdvisor Tourism Pages ...
Below is a list of those communities which have a TripAdvisor Tourism page and are relatively close to Amber Valley - within 49 miles [78.9 km]<2>.
Our list sorts the communities in alphabetical order. There are 11 communities listed:
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Boyle came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boyle
- Boyle lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Amber Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boyle
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Boyle<3>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Egremont came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Egremont
- Egremont lies 48 miles [77.2 km]<2> to the south of Amber Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Egremont
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Egremont<3>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ellscott came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ellscott
- Ellscott lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the south of Amber Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ellscott
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ellscott<3>
- Lac la Biche
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Normandeau came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Normandeau
- Normandeau lies 49 miles [78.9 km]<2> to the east of Amber Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Normandeau
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Normandeau<3>
- Continue List ...
- Smoky Lake
- Wandering River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wandering River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wandering River
- Wandering River lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Amber Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wandering River
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wandering River<3>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Amber Valley and then turned west". While Amber Valley could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Amber Valley as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Amber Valley could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Alberta community named Amber Valley.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Amber Valley) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Amber Valley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.7329, Longitude: -112.9298
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|