Welcome to Leacross ...
Although we found mention of Leacross during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Leacross was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Leacross to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Leacross, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Leacross, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Leacross is 190 feet [58 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Leacross might be (or was) located is in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
We believe that Leacross would be found within the (306) & (639)<4> area codes.
Communities near Leacross ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Leacross.
- Star City
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Star City
- Star City lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the southwest of Leacross
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Star City came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Star City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Star City<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Codette
- Codette lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the north of Leacross
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Codette
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Zenon Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Zenon Park
- Zenon Park lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the east of Leacross
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Zenon Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ridgedale
- Ridgedale lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the west of Leacross
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ridgedale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aylsham
- Aylsham lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the northeast of Leacross
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aylsham
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gronlid
- Gronlid lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the west of Leacross
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gronlid came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gronlid
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Gronlid<6>
- Crooked River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crooked River
- Crooked River lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the southeast of Leacross
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crooked River
- Fairy Glen
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fairy Glen
- Fairy Glen lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the west of Leacross
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fairy Glen came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairy Glen
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Leacross ...
Looking for more information about Leacross? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Leacross, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Leacross.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Leacross and then turned east". While Leacross could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Leacross as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Leacross could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Leacross - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Leacross) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Leacross. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LeacrossOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Leacross. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.0456, Longitude: -104.0436 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|