Welcome to Tisdale ...
Time Zone: Tisdale lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Telephone area codes for Tisdale: (306) & (639)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Tisdale: S0E<2>
Communities Also Named Tisdale ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 4 communities that are also named Tisdale - they are located in California, Kansas, Manitoba and South Carolina.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Tisdale.
Communities near Tisdale ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Tisdale.
- Star City
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Star City
- Star City lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the west of Tisdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Star City came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Star City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Star City<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bjorkdale
- Bjorkdale lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the southeast of Tisdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bjorkdale
- Zenon Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Zenon Park
- Zenon Park lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northeast of Tisdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Zenon Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ridgedale
- Ridgedale lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the north of Tisdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ridgedale
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sylvania
- Sylvania lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the south of Tisdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sylvania came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sylvania
- Crooked River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crooked River
- Crooked River lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the east of Tisdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crooked River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eldersley
- Eldersley lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the east of Tisdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eldersley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Valparaiso
- Valparaiso lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Tisdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Valparaiso
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leacross
- Leacross lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the north of Tisdale
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Leacross. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leacross
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brooksby
- Brooksby lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the northwest of Tisdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brooksby
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Tisdale ...
Looking for more information about Tisdale? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Tisdale, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Tisdale.
Adding Tisdale to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Tisdale was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Tisdale on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Tisdale. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Tisdale). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Tisdale or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Tisdale) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Tisdale. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from TisdaleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Tisdale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.8506, Longitude: -104.0471 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|