Welcome to Gronlid ...
Gronlid is 1,430 feet [436 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Gronlid lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Gronlid: (306) & (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Gronlid: S0E<3>
Communities near Gronlid ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Gronlid.
- Star City
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Star City
- Star City lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Gronlid
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Star City came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Star City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Star City<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ridgedale
- Ridgedale lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Gronlid
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ridgedale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beatty
- Beatty lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southwest of Gronlid
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beatty came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beatty
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Valparaiso
- Valparaiso lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Gronlid
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Valparaiso
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brooksby
- Brooksby lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Gronlid
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brooksby
- Murphy Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Murphy Creek
- Murphy Creek lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Gronlid
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Murphy Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brockington
- Brockington lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the west of Gronlid
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brockington
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stony
- Stony lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Gronlid
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stony came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stony
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leacross
- Leacross lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Gronlid
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Leacross. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leacross
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Gronlid ...
Looking for more information about Gronlid? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Gronlid, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Gronlid.
Adding Gronlid to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Gronlid was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Gronlid on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Gronlid. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Gronlid - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Gronlid). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Gronlid or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Gronlid) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Gronlid. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GronlidOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gronlid. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.0833, Longitude: -104.4667 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|