Around Crooked River ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Melfort. It is located about 36 miles [57 km] to the west of Crooked River.
The next largest community is Nipawin.
It is located about 36 miles [ km] to the north of Crooked River
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Crooked River.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aylsham
- Aylsham lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the north of Crooked River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aylsham
- Barrier Ford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barrier Ford
- Barrier Ford lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the south of Crooked River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barrier Ford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bjorkdale
- Bjorkdale lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the south of Crooked River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bjorkdale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chelan
- Chelan lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Crooked River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chelan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eldersley
- Eldersley lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the west of Crooked River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eldersley
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leacross
- Leacross lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the northwest of Crooked River
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Leacross. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leacross
- Marean Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marean Lake
- Marean Lake lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the south of Crooked River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marean Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mistatim
- Mistatim lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the east of Crooked River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mistatim
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ridgedale
- Ridgedale lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Crooked River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ridgedale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sylvania
- Sylvania lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Crooked River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sylvania came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sylvania
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Valparaiso
- Valparaiso lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the west of Crooked River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Valparaiso
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wallwort
- Wallwort lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the southwest of Crooked River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wallwort
- Zenon Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Zenon Park
- Zenon Park lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the north of Crooked River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Zenon Park
Curious and Interesting Names Near Crooked River ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Crooked River.
Airports Near Crooked River ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Crooked River and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Crooked River.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Saskatchewan:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Crooked River. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Crooked River were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Crooked River) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Crooked River. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Crooked RiverOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Crooked River. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.8554, Longitude: -103.7308 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Crooked River), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|