So far, we have found very little information about Red Elm. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Red Elm to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Red Elm, please Contact Us.
When we're planning a trip and want to make reservations or still at home and looking for a place to eat, we usually start by visiting the TripAdvisor website. Once on their website we search for what's available, then check the recommendations and experiences of other people.
Although there are many ways of searching the TripAdvisor website, we prefer to start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page. On the Tourism page you'll find a quick overview of the community, with links to restaurants, lodging, flights, rentals and nearby attractions.
While we are unaware of a TripAdvisor Tourism page that is specific to Red Elm, there are nearby communities that are likely to provide the information that you're looking for. If you want to learn more about those communities, the following map should be of help.
List of Neighboring TripAdvisor Tourism Pages ...
Below is a list of those communities which have a TripAdvisor Tourism page and are relatively close to Red Elm - within 38 miles [61.2 km]<2>.
Our list sorts the communities in alphabetical order. There are 13 communities listed:
- Cherry Creek [Ziebach County]
- Dupree [Ziebach County]
- Eagle Butte [Dewey County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eagle Butte
- Eagle Butte [Dewey County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the east of Red Elm
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,346 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eagle Butte have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eagle Butte
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Eagle Butte<3>
- Faith [Meade County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Faith
- Faith [Meade County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the west of Red Elm
- Estimated population in 2019: 411 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Faith have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Faith
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Faith<3>
- Firesteel [Dewey County]
- Glad Valley [Ziebach County]
- Howes [Meade County]
- Isabel [Dewey County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Isabel
- Isabel [Dewey County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Red Elm
- Estimated population in 2019: 152 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Isabel have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Isabel
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Isabel<3>
- Continue List ...
- Lantry [Dewey County]
- Marcus [Meade County]
- Meadow [Perkins County]
- Opal [Meade County]
- Parade [Dewey County]
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in South Dakota
About Ziebach County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Red Elm, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Red Elm) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Red Elm. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Red Elm
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Red Elm. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0557, Longitude: -101.7838 In this case, the coordinates for Red Elm have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|