Communities Also Named Carmunnock ...
We have found one communities that share the name Carmunnock.
There is one other community in Ontario which is also named Carmunnock.
- Communities Located In Ontario ...
- The profile page for Carmunnock #1
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Ontario community of Carmunnock.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Carmunnock ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Donegal
- Donegal lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the east of Carmunnock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Donegal
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dublin
- Dublin lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southwest of Carmunnock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dublin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ethel
- Ethel lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the north of Carmunnock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ethel
- Ethel Siding - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ethel Siding
- Ethel Siding was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the north of Carmunnock
- Continue List (8 more) ...
- Gads Hill Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gads Hill Station
- Gads Hill Station lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Carmunnock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gads Hill Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gads Hill Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gotham
- Gotham lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the east of Carmunnock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gotham came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gotham
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leadbury
- Leadbury lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the west of Carmunnock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Leadbury came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leadbury
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manley
- Manley lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the west of Carmunnock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manley
- Silver Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Corners
- Silver Corners lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Carmunnock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Silver Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Slabtown
- Slabtown lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of Carmunnock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Slabtown
- Willow Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Willow Grove
- Willow Grove lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the south of Carmunnock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Willow Grove
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Carmunnock. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- George William Hay (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Listowel (Ontario) on Monday January 10, 1898 and died in Listowel (Ontario) on Sunday July 13, 1975 at the age of 77. He is buried at Fairview Cemetery (Perth County, Ontario).
- Listowel is located 12 miles [19.3 km] to the northeast of Carmunnock.
- Listowel is located 12 miles [19.3 km] to the northeast of Carmunnock.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: George William Hay<5>
- Arthur Meighen (10th & 12th Prime Minister of Canada (July 1920 - December 1921 & June 1926 - September 1926))
- 10th & 12th Prime Minister of Canada (July 1920 - December 1921 & June 1926 - September 1926). He was born in Anderson (Ontario) on Tueday June 16, 1874 and died in Toronto (Ontario) on Friday August 5, 1960 at the age of 86. He is buried at St. Mary's Cemetery (Perth County, Ontario).
- Anderson is located 21 miles [33.8 km] to the south of Carmunnock.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Arthur Meighen<5>
- Albert Charles 'Babe' Siebert (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Plattsville (Ontario) on Thursday January 14, 1904 and died in Zurich (Ontario) on Friday August 25, 1939 at the age of 35. He is buried at Woodland Cemetery (Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Ontario).
- Plattsville is located 33 miles [53.1 km] to the southeast of Carmunnock.
- Zurich is located 27 miles [43.5 km] to the southwest of Carmunnock.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Albert Charles 'Babe' Siebert<5>
How Far From Carmunnock to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Carmunnock to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Carmunnock and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 295 miles [474.8 km]<2> to the east northeast (ENE). If you could drive a straight line from Carmunnock to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 17 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 12 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,858 miles [9,427.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,590 miles [10,605.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,469 miles [7,192.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Carmunnock could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Carmunnock) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carmunnock. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Carmunnock
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carmunnock. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.6092, Longitude: -81.1367
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Carmunnock to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 310.118 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 306.691 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 304.771 degrees.||