Although we found mention of Broulan Reef during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Over time, we expect to discover additional information that will be added to our Gazetteer..
When we're planning a trip and want to make reservations or still at home and looking for a place to eat, we usually start by visiting the TripAdvisor website. Once on their website we search for what's available, then check the recommendations and experiences of other people.
Although there are many ways of searching the TripAdvisor website, we prefer to start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page. On the Tourism page you'll find a quick overview of the community, with links to restaurants, lodging, flights, rentals and nearby attractions.
While we are unaware of a TripAdvisor Tourism page that is specific to Broulan Reef, there are nearby communities that are likely to provide the information that you're looking for. If you want to learn more about those communities, the following map should be of help.
List of Neighboring TripAdvisor Tourism Pages ...
Below is a list of those communities which have a TripAdvisor Tourism page and are relatively close to Broulan Reef - within 38 miles [61.2 km]<2>.
Our list sorts the communities in alphabetical order. There are 8 communities listed:
- Iroquois Falls
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ramore
- Ramore lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the east of Broulan Reef
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ramore came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ramore
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ramore<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shillington
- Shillington lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the east of Broulan Reef
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shillington came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shillington
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Shillington<3>
- South Porcupine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South Porcupine
- South Porcupine lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Broulan Reef
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for South Porcupine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Porcupine
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for South Porcupine<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Timmins
- Timmins lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the west of Broulan Reef
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Timmins came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Timmins
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Timmins<3>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Broulan Reef and then turned west". While Broulan Reef could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Broulan Reef as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Broulan Reef could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Ontario community named Broulan Reef.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Broulan Reef) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Broulan Reef. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.5139, Longitude: -81.1392
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|