Although we found mention of Bay Road Valley during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Over time, we expect to discover additional information that will be added to our Gazetteer..
When we're planning a trip and want to make reservations or still at home and looking for a place to eat, we usually start by visiting the TripAdvisor website. Once on their website we search for what's available, then check the recommendations and experiences of other people.
Although there are many ways of searching the TripAdvisor website, we prefer to start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page. On the Tourism page you'll find a quick overview of the community, with links to restaurants, lodging, flights, rentals and nearby attractions.
While we are unaware of a TripAdvisor Tourism page that is specific to Bay Road Valley, there are nearby communities that are likely to provide the information that you're looking for. If you want to learn more about those communities, the following map should be of help.
List of Neighboring TripAdvisor Tourism Pages ...
Below is a list of those communities which have a TripAdvisor Tourism page and are relatively close to Bay Road Valley - within 39 miles [62.8 km]<2>.
Our list sorts the communities in alphabetical order. There are 10 communities listed:
- Bay Saint Lawrence
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bay Saint Lawrence
- Bay Saint Lawrence lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the north of Bay Road Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bay Saint Lawrence came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bay Saint Lawrence
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bay Saint Lawrence<4>
- Cape North
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cape North
- Cape North lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the south of Bay Road Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cape North came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cape North
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cape North<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cheticamp
- Cheticamp lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Bay Road Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cheticamp came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cheticamp
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cheticamp<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dingwall
- Dingwall lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Bay Road Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dingwall came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dingwall
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dingwall<4>
- Grand Etang
- Ingonish Ferry
- Meat Cove
- Continue List ...
- Neils Harbour
- Pleasant Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pleasant Bay
- Pleasant Bay lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Bay Road Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pleasant Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pleasant Bay
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Pleasant Bay<4>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Bay Road Valley and then turned east". While Bay Road Valley could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Bay Road Valley as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Bay Road Valley could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Nova Scotia community named Bay Road Valley.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bay Road Valley) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bay Road Valley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.9697, Longitude: -60.4728
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|