Welcome to Port Hope Simpson ...
The coastal town of Port Hope Simpson is located on the southeast Atlantic coast of Labrador.
A typical abbreviation for Port Hope Simpson: Prt. Hope Simpson
Port Hope Simpson was founded in 1934.
The origin (or the toponymy) of Port Hope Simpson: Named after Sir John Hope Simpson (1868-1961), the Commissioner of Natural Resources and acting Commissioner of Justice.
The community of Port Hope Simpson is 30 feet [9 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Port Hope Simpson lies in the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: NST- Heure Normale de Terre-Neuve (HNT), NDT- Heure Avancée de Terre-Neuve (HAT).
Note: If you travel east from Port Hope Simpson, you will leave Newfoundland Time and cross into the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT).
Port Hope Simpson is located in the (709) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Port Hope Simpson: A0K<2>
Websites for Port Hope Simpson ...
Although we don't have any websites that are specific to Port Hope Simpson, the following might be of interest:
Labrador Coastal Drive: www.labradorcoastaldrive.com/
Communities near Port Hope Simpson ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Port Hope Simpson.
- Rexons Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rexons Cove
- Rexons Cove lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the east of Port Hope Simpson
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rexons Cove
- Pinsents Arm
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinsents Arm
- Pinsents Arm lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northeast of Port Hope Simpson
- Pinsents Arm has also been known as:
- Pensons Arm
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pinsents Arm
- Williams Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Williams Harbour
- Williams Harbour lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the east of Port Hope Simpson
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Williams Harbour
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Georges Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Georges Cove
- Georges Cove lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the east of Port Hope Simpson
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Georges Cove
- Kings Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kings Cove
- Kings Cove lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the east of Port Hope Simpson
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kings Cove
- Square Island Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Square Island Harbour
- Square Island Harbour lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the northeast of Port Hope Simpson
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Square Island Harbour
- Francis Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Francis Harbour
- Francis Harbour lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the east of Port Hope Simpson
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Francis Harbour
- Aaron Cove - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aaron Cove
- Aaron Cove was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<3> to the east of Port Hope Simpson
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Aaron Cove. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Aaron Cove has also been known as:
- Aaron's Cove
- Mary's Harbour
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Port Hope Simpson ...
Looking for more information about Port Hope Simpson? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Port Hope Simpson, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Port Hope Simpson.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Newfoundland and Labrador Community
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Port Hope Simpson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Port Hope Simpson - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Port Hope Simpson). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Port Hope Simpson or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Port Hope Simpson) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Port Hope Simpson. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Port Hope SimpsonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Port Hope Simpson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5450, Longitude: -56.2995 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|