Welcome to Aaron Island ...
Although we found mention of Aaron Island during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Aaron Island was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Aaron Island to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Aaron Island, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Aaron Island: Aaron Is. (in Canada, 'Isld.' is the more common abbreviation.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Aaron Island might be (or was) located is in the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: NST- Heure Normale de Terre-Neuve (HNT), NDT- Heure Avancée de Terre-Neuve (HAT).
Note: While Aaron Island is in the Newfoundland Time Zone, the area just to the east is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT).
We believe that Aaron Island would be found within the (709) area code.
Communities near Aaron Island ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Aaron Island.
- Mary's Harbour
- Saint Lewis
- Deepwater Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deepwater Creek
- Deepwater Creek lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southeast of Aaron Island
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deepwater Creek
- Francis Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Francis Harbour
- Francis Harbour lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the north of Aaron Island
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Francis Harbour
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Williams Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Williams Harbour
- Williams Harbour lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the north of Aaron Island
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Williams Harbour
- Kings Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kings Cove
- Kings Cove lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the north of Aaron Island
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kings Cove
- Long Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Long Island
- Long Island lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northeast of Aaron Island
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Long Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Long Island
- Georges Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Georges Cove
- Georges Cove lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the north of Aaron Island
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Georges Cove
- Rexons Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rexons Cove
- Rexons Cove lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Aaron Island
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rexons Cove
- Battle Harbour
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Aaron Island ...
Looking for more information about Aaron Island? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Aaron Island, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Aaron Island.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Aaron Island and then turned east". While Aaron Island could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Aaron Island as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Aaron Island could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Aaron Island) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aaron Island. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4504, Longitude: -55.7172 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|