Welcome to Palo Verde ...
Palo Verde is located in Maricopa County<1>.
Palo Verde is 840 feet [256 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Palo Verde lies in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Palo Verde lies within the (623) area code.
The ZIP code for Palo Verde: 85343<3>
Communities Also Named Palo Verde ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Palo Verde - they are located in California (2) and Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Palo Verde.
Communities near Palo Verde ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Palo Verde.
- Avondale [Maricopa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Avondale
- Avondale [Maricopa County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Palo Verde
- Estimated population in 2019: 87,931 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Avondale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Avondale<5>
- Goodyear [Maricopa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goodyear
- Goodyear [Maricopa County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Palo Verde
- Estimated population in 2019: 86,840 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goodyear
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Goodyear<5>
- Buckeye [Maricopa County]
- Arlington [Maricopa County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Tartesso [Maricopa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tartesso
- Tartesso [Maricopa County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the north of Palo Verde
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tartesso
- Liberty [Maricopa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Liberty
- Liberty [Maricopa County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the east of Palo Verde
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Liberty
- Wintersburg [Maricopa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wintersburg
- Wintersburg [Maricopa County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Palo Verde
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wintersburg
- Tonopah [Maricopa County]
- Citrus Park [Maricopa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Citrus Park
- Citrus Park [Maricopa County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northeast of Palo Verde
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Citrus Park
- Harqua [Maricopa County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harqua
- Harqua [Maricopa County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the west of Palo Verde
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harqua have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Palo Verde. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Palo Verde.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Palo Verde. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Palo Verde.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Palo Verde. See our Newspapers Page for Palo Verde.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Palo Verde ...
Looking for more information about Palo Verde? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Palo Verde, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Palo Verde.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Arizona
About Maricopa County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Palo Verde. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Maricopa County: www.maricopa.gov/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Maricopa, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Palo Verde - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Palo Verde). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Palo Verde or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Palo Verde) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Palo Verde. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Palo Verde
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Palo Verde. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.3484, Longitude: -112.6770
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|