Around Fortuna ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Yuma. It lies just west of where Fortuna would have been located. Yuma has a population of 98,300 people.<1>.
The next largest community is San Luis.
It is located about 23 miles [ km] to the southwest of Fortuna and has a population of 34,800 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Fortuna.<2>
- Castle Dome Landing [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Castle Dome Landing
- Castle Dome Landing [Yuma County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the north of Fortuna
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castle Dome Landing
- Fishers Landing [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fishers Landing
- Fishers Landing [Yuma County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the north of Fortuna
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fishers Landing
- Fortuna Foothills [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fortuna Foothills
- Fortuna Foothills [Yuma County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Fortuna
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fortuna Foothills have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fortuna Foothills
- Gadsden [Yuma County]
- Ligurta [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ligurta
- Ligurta [Yuma County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the east of Fortuna
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ligurta
- Martinez Lake [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Martinez Lake
- Martinez Lake [Yuma County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the north of Fortuna
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Martinez Lake
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Roll [Yuma County]
- San Luis [Yuma County]
- Somerton [Yuma County]
- Tacna [Yuma County]
- Wellton [Yuma County]
- Yuma [Yuma County]
- Bard [Imperial County]
- Felicity [Imperial County]
- Winterhaven [Imperial County]
For more communities neighboring Fortuna, please visit our County-by-County Page for Fortuna.
Yuma County ...
Fortuna would have been located within present day Yuma County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Yuma County: La Paz, Maricopa, Pima & Imperial (CA).
Curious and Interesting Names Near Fortuna ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Fortuna.
Airports Near Fortuna ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Fortuna and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Fortuna.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Arizona:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Arizona
About Yuma County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Yuma County: www.co.yuma.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Fortuna.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Fortuna) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fortuna. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.6906, Longitude: -114.4530 In this case, the coordinates for Fortuna have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Yuma, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Fortuna), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|