Welcome to Bard ...
Bard is located in Imperial County<1>.
Bard is 130 feet [40 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Bard lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: While Bard is in the Pacific Time Zone and observes daylight saving time, the area just to the south is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not..
Telephone area codes for Bard: (760) and (442)<3>
The ZIP code for Bard: 92222<4>
Communities Also Named Bard ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 7 communities that are also named Bard - they are located in Arkansas, Iowa, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, South Dakota and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Bard.
Communities near Bard ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Bard.
- Yuma [Yuma County]
- Somerton [Yuma County]
- Winterhaven [Imperial County]
- Fort Laguna [Yuma County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Laguna
- Fort Laguna [Yuma County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the east of Bard
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Fort Laguna. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Steam [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Steam
- Steam [Yuma County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the southwest of Bard
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Steam
- Dome [Yuma County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dome
- Dome [Yuma County] was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the east of Bard
- Former name for Dome:
- Swiveler's Station
- Fortuna Foothills [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fortuna Foothills
- Fortuna Foothills [Yuma County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the southeast of Bard
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fortuna Foothills have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fortuna Foothills
- Felicity [Imperial County]
- Castle Dome Landing [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Castle Dome Landing
- Castle Dome Landing [Yuma County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the northeast of Bard
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castle Dome Landing
- Fishers Landing [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fishers Landing
- Fishers Landing [Yuma County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the northeast of Bard
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fishers Landing
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Bard. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Bard.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Bard. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Bard.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Bard. See our Newspapers Page for Bard.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bard ...
Looking for more information about Bard? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Bard, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Bard.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in California
About Imperial County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bard. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Imperial County: www.co.imperial.ca.us/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Imperial, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Bard - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (442) is an overlay for area code (760).|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Bard). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Bard or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bard) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bard. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bard
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bard. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.7892, Longitude: -114.5561
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<8>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|