Welcome to Fortuna Foothills ...
Fortuna Foothills is located in Yuma County<1>.
The location of Fortuna Foothills has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
Fortuna Foothills is 330 feet [101 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: Fortuna Foothills lies in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Note: If you travel west from Fortuna Foothills (for example, toward Holtville (CA)), you will leave Mountain Standard Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Fortuna Foothills lies within the (928) area code.
Communities near Fortuna Foothills ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Fortuna Foothills.
- Yuma [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Yuma
- Yuma [Yuma County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the west of Fortuna Foothills
- Estimated population in 2019: 98,285 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yuma
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Yuma<5>
- Somerton [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Somerton
- Somerton [Yuma County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Fortuna Foothills
- Estimated population in 2019: 16,554 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Somerton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Somerton<5>
- Wellton [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wellton
- Wellton [Yuma County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the east of Fortuna Foothills
- Estimated population in 2019: 3,044 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wellton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wellton<5>
- Ligurta [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ligurta
- Ligurta [Yuma County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Fortuna Foothills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ligurta
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Dome [Yuma County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dome
- Dome [Yuma County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Fortuna Foothills
- Former name for Dome:
- Swiveler's Station
- Fort Laguna [Yuma County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Laguna
- Fort Laguna [Yuma County] was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the north of Fortuna Foothills
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Fort Laguna. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Bard [Imperial County]
- Winterhaven [Imperial County]
- Castle Dome Landing [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Castle Dome Landing
- Castle Dome Landing [Yuma County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the north of Fortuna Foothills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castle Dome Landing
- Fishers Landing [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fishers Landing
- Fishers Landing [Yuma County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the north of Fortuna Foothills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fishers Landing
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Fortuna Foothills. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Fortuna Foothills.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Fortuna Foothills. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Fortuna Foothills.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Fortuna Foothills. See our Newspapers Page for Fortuna Foothills.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Fortuna Foothills ...
Looking for more information about Fortuna Foothills? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Fortuna Foothills, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Fortuna Foothills.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Arizona
About Yuma County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fortuna Foothills. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Yuma County: www.co.yuma.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Yuma, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Fortuna Foothills - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Fortuna Foothills) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fortuna Foothills. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Fortuna Foothills
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fortuna Foothills. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.6578, Longitude: -114.4119 In this case, the coordinates for Fortuna Foothills have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|