Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Dimario Place, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Dimario Place and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Dimario Place:
- 33.377834, -110.817055
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Dimario Place
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Dimario Place ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Claypool [Gila County]
- Copper Hill [Gila County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Copper Hill
- Copper Hill [Gila County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Dimario Place
- Cutter [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cutter
- Cutter [Gila County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the east of Dimario Place
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cutter
- Globe [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Globe
- Globe [Gila County] lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<1> to the northeast of Dimario Place
- Estimated population in 2019: 7,347 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Globe
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Globe<2>
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Inspiration [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Inspiration
- Inspiration [Gila County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Dimario Place
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Inspiration have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inspiration
- Lower Miami [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lower Miami
- Lower Miami [Gila County] lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Dimario Place
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lower Miami have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lower Miami
- Radium [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Radium
- Radium [Gila County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the north of Dimario Place
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Radium have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Radium
- Top-of-the-World [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Top-of-the-World
- Top-of-the-World [Gila County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the west of Dimario Place
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Top-of-the-World
How Far From Dimario Place to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Dimario Place to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Dimario Place and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Globe, which is the Seat of Gila County and lies just to the East Northeast.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 72 miles [115.9 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Dimario Place to Phoenix, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 4 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,910 miles [3,073.8 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 75 days and walking would take 109 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,416 miles [11,934.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 8,179 miles [13,162.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 6,109 miles [9,831.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Arizona
About Gila County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dimario Place. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Gila County: www.co.gila.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Dimario Place) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dimario Place. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.3778, Longitude: -110.8171 In this case, the coordinates for Dimario Place have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Dimario Place to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.165 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.726 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.501 degrees.||