Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Cutter, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Cutter and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Cutter:
- 33.352573, -110.653005
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Cutter
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Cutter ...
We have found two communities that share the name Cutter.
Within Arizona, the name Cutter is unique.
Beyond Arizona, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- New Mexico
- Sierra County
- This community is historic<1> and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the New Mexico community of Cutter [Sierra County].
- Douglas County
- This Cutter is located in Douglas County and lies 1,342 miles [2,159.7 km]<2> to the northeast of the Cutter that is located in Gila County.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cutter
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Douglas County community of Cutter.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Cutter ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Christmas [Gila County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Christmas
- Christmas [Gila County] was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the south of Cutter
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Christmas have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Claypool [Gila County]
- Copper Hill [Gila County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Copper Hill
- Copper Hill [Gila County] was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Cutter
- Globe [Gila County]
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Inspiration [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Inspiration
- Inspiration [Gila County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the west of Cutter
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Inspiration have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inspiration
- Lower Miami [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lower Miami
- Lower Miami [Gila County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the west of Cutter
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lower Miami have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lower Miami
- Radium [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Radium
- Radium [Gila County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Cutter
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Radium have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Radium
- Top-of-the-World [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Top-of-the-World
- Top-of-the-World [Gila County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the west of Cutter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Top-of-the-World
- Tucker [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tucker
- Tucker [Gila County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the north of Cutter
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tucker have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tucker
How Far From Cutter to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Cutter to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Cutter and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Globe, which is the Seat of Gila County and lies just to the West Northwest.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 82 miles [132 km]<2> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Cutter to Phoenix, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,902 miles [3,061 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 75 days and walking would take 108 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,413 miles [11,930.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 8,176 miles [13,158 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 6,105 miles [9,825 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Arizona
About Gila County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cutter. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Gila County: www.co.gila.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Cutter, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cutter) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cutter. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cutter
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cutter. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.3526, Longitude: -110.6530
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Cutter to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.034 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.565 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.414 degrees.||