Curious and Interesting Names Near Ranfurly ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bruce
- Bruce lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Ranfurly
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bruce came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bruce
- Hairy Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hairy Hill
- Hairy Hill lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Ranfurly
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hairy Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Inland
- Inland lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the west of Ranfurly
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inland
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poe
- Poe lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the west of Ranfurly
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poe
- Two Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Hills
- Two Hills lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the north of Ranfurly
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the south of Ranfurly
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<3>
How Far From Ranfurly to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Ranfurly to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Ranfurly and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 75 miles [120.7 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Ranfurly to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,686 miles [2,713.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 66 days and walking would take 96 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,221 miles [10,011.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,988 miles [11,246.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,061 miles [8,144.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ranfurly. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ranfurly) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ranfurly. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RanfurlyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ranfurly. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.4074, Longitude: -111.6808 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Ranfurly to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.352 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.081 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.971 degrees.||