Welcome to Ramsay ...
Time Zone: Ramsay lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Ramsay: (403) and (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Ramsay: T2G<2>
Communities Also Named Ramsay ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 7 communities that are also named Ramsay - they are located in Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska and Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ramsay.
Communities near Ramsay ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ramsay.
- Airdrie (17 miles [27.4 km] to the north)
- Chestermere (9 miles [14.5 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chestermere
- Chestermere lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the east of Ramsay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chestermere came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chestermere
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chestermere<4>
- Langdon (16 miles [25.7 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Langdon
- Langdon lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the east of Ramsay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Langdon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Langdon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Langdon<4>
- Heritage Woods (8 miles [12.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heritage Woods
- Heritage Woods lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the west of Ramsay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heritage Woods
- High Point Estates (11 miles [17.7 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for High Point Estates
- High Point Estates lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the east of Ramsay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on High Point Estates
- Lyalta (19 miles [30.6 km] to the east)
- Shepard (8 miles [12.9 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shepard
- Shepard lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Ramsay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shepard
- Acadia (4 miles [6.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Acadia
- Acadia lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Ramsay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Acadia
- Haysboro (4 miles [6.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haysboro
- Haysboro lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Ramsay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haysboro
- Highwood (4 miles [6.4 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Highwood
- Highwood lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Ramsay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Highwood
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ramsay ...
Looking for more information about Ramsay? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Ramsay, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Ramsay.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ramsay. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Ramsay, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Ramsay). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Ramsay or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Ramsay) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ramsay. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RamsayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ramsay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.0363, Longitude: -114.0412 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|