Welcome to Highwood ...
Time Zone: Highwood lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Highwood: (403) and (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Highwood: T2K<2>
Communities Also Named Highwood ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 8 communities that are also named Highwood - they are located in Connecticut, Illinois (2), Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Jersey and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Highwood.
Communities near Highwood ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Highwood.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chestermere came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chestermere
- Chestermere lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the east of Highwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chestermere
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chestermere<4>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Langdon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Langdon
- Langdon lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the southeast of Highwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Langdon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Langdon<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Heritage Woods
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heritage Woods
- Heritage Woods lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the west of Highwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heritage Woods
- High Point Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for High Point Estates
- High Point Estates lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the east of Highwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on High Point Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shepard
- Shepard lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Highwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shepard
- Albert Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Albert Park
- Albert Park lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Highwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Albert Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ramsay
- Ramsay lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Highwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ramsay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Martindale
- Martindale lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Highwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Martindale
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Highwood ...
Looking for more information about Highwood? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Highwood, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Highwood.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Highwood. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Highwood, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Highwood). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Highwood or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Highwood) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Highwood. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Highwood
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Highwood. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.0916, Longitude: -114.0796
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|