Curious and Interesting Names Near Priddis ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Black Diamond (14 miles [22.5 km] to the south)
- Deer Run (14 miles [22.5 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Run
- Deer Run lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the east of Priddis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Run
- Haysboro (12 miles [19.3 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haysboro
- Haysboro lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the northeast of Priddis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haysboro
- Heritage Woods (12 miles [19.3 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heritage Woods
- Heritage Woods lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the north of Priddis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heritage Woods
- Jumping Pound (15 miles [24.1 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jumping Pound
- Jumping Pound lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Priddis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jumping Pound
- Signal Hill (11 miles [17.7 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Signal Hill
- Signal Hill lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Priddis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Signal Hill
- Sunnyside (16 miles [25.7 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunnyside
- Sunnyside lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Priddis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunnyside
- Two Guns (8 miles [12.9 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Guns
- Two Guns lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Priddis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Guns
- Valley Ridge (14 miles [22.5 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Valley Ridge
- Valley Ridge lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the north of Priddis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Valley Ridge
How Far From Priddis to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Priddis to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Priddis and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 187 miles [300.9 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Priddis to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 11 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,797 miles [2,892 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 103 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,427 miles [10,343.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,194 miles [11,577.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,267 miles [8,476.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Priddis
Mentions & References for Priddis
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Priddis. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Priddis) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Priddis. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PriddisOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Priddis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.8849, Longitude: -114.3292 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Priddis to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.453 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.254 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.15 degrees.||