Welcome to Jumping Pound ...
Jumping Pound is 4,070 feet [1,241 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Jumping Pound is about ¾ mile [or 1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Jumping Pound lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Jumping Pound: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Jumping Pound: T0L<3>
Communities near Jumping Pound ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Jumping Pound.
- Bragg Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bragg Creek
- Bragg Creek lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the south of Jumping Pound
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bragg Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bragg Creek
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bragg Creek<5>
- Cochrane Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cochrane Lake
- Cochrane Lake lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the north of Jumping Pound
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cochrane Lake
- Heritage Woods
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heritage Woods
- Heritage Woods lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Jumping Pound
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heritage Woods
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Ghost Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ghost Lake
- Ghost Lake lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northwest of Jumping Pound
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ghost Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Waiparous
- Waiparous lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Jumping Pound
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Waiparous came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Waiparous
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Benchlands
- Benchlands lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northwest of Jumping Pound
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Benchlands
- Redwood Meadows
- Glenbow - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glenbow
- Glenbow was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Jumping Pound
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Glenbow. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Mitford - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mitford
- Mitford was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the north of Jumping Pound
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Mitford. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Jumping Pound ...
Looking for more information about Jumping Pound? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Jumping Pound, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Jumping Pound.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Jumping Pound. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Jumping Pound - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Jumping Pound, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Jumping Pound). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Jumping Pound or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Jumping Pound) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Jumping Pound. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Jumping PoundOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Jumping Pound. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.0686, Longitude: -114.5499 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|