Welcome to Mitford ...
So far, we have found very little information about Mitford. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Mitford to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Mitford, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Mitford, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Mitford was established in 1886.
Time Zone: The area where Mitford was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR).
Mitford would have been located in the (403) and (587)<3> area codes.
Communities Also Named Mitford ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Mitford - they are located in North Carolina and South Carolina.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Mitford.
Communities near Mitford ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Mitford.
- Bragg Creek (17 miles [27.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bragg Creek
- Bragg Creek lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the south of Mitford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bragg Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bragg Creek
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bragg Creek<6>
- Cochrane Lake (3 miles [4.8 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cochrane Lake
- Cochrane Lake lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<4> to the northeast of Mitford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cochrane Lake
- Heritage Woods (15 miles [24.1 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heritage Woods
- Heritage Woods lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Mitford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heritage Woods
- Ghost Lake (10 miles [16.1 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ghost Lake
- Ghost Lake lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the west of Mitford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ghost Lake
- Waiparous (12 miles [19.3 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Waiparous
- Waiparous lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the west of Mitford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Waiparous came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Waiparous
- Benchlands (13 miles [20.9 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Benchlands
- Benchlands lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northwest of Mitford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Benchlands
- Glenbow (6 miles [9.7 km] to the southeast) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glenbow
- Glenbow was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Mitford
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Glenbow. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jumping Pound (9 miles [14.5 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jumping Pound
- Jumping Pound lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the south of Mitford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jumping Pound
- Valley Ridge (13 miles [20.9 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Valley Ridge
- Valley Ridge lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Mitford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Valley Ridge
- Arbour Lake (14 miles [22.5 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arbour Lake
- Arbour Lake lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the east of Mitford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arbour Lake
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Mitford, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mitford) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mitford. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MitfordOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mitford. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.2012, Longitude: -114.5253 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|