Welcome to Oberlin ...
Time Zone: Oberlin lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Oberlin: (403) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Oberlin: T0C<2>
Communities Also Named Oberlin ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 9 communities that are also named Oberlin - they are located in Kansas, Louisiana (2), Michigan (2), North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma and Pennsylvania.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Oberlin.
Communities near Oberlin ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Oberlin.
- Stettler (8 miles [12.9 km] to the east)
- Alix (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northwest)
- Delburne (15 miles [24.1 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Delburne
- Delburne lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the southwest of Oberlin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Delburne
- Mirror (15 miles [24.1 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the northwest of Oberlin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- Big Valley (18 miles [29 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Valley
- Big Valley lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the south of Oberlin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Valley<4>
- Botha (16 miles [25.7 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Botha
- Botha lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the east of Oberlin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Botha
- White Sands (13 miles [20.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White Sands
- White Sands lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the north of Oberlin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White Sands
- Rochon Sands (12 miles [19.3 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rochon Sands
- Rochon Sands lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the north of Oberlin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rochon Sands
- Lousana (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lousana
- Lousana lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Oberlin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lousana came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lousana
- Red Willow (18 miles [29 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the northeast of Oberlin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Oberlin ...
Looking for more information about Oberlin? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Oberlin, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Oberlin.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Oberlin
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Oberlin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Oberlin, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Oberlin). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Oberlin or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Oberlin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Oberlin. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from OberlinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Oberlin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.2848, Longitude: -112.9098 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|