Welcome to Red Willow ...
Red Willow is 2,540 feet [774 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Red Willow is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Red Willow lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Red Willow: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Red Willow: T0B<3>
Communities Also Named Red Willow ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Red Willow - it's located in Nebraska.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Red Willow.
Communities near Red Willow ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Red Willow.
- Stettler (10 miles [16.1 km] to the southwest)
- Bashaw (18 miles [29 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bashaw
- Bashaw lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northwest of Red Willow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bashaw came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bashaw
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bashaw<5>
- Erskine (15 miles [24.1 km] to the southwest)
- Donalda (9 miles [14.5 km] to the north)
- Botha (10 miles [16.1 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Botha
- Botha lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the south of Red Willow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Botha
- White Sands (10 miles [16.1 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White Sands
- White Sands lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the west of Red Willow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White Sands
- Rochon Sands (13 miles [20.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rochon Sands
- Rochon Sands lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the west of Red Willow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rochon Sands
- Gadsby (13 miles [20.9 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gadsby
- Gadsby lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Red Willow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gadsby came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gadsby
- Nevis (18 miles [29 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nevis
- Nevis lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the west of Red Willow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nevis came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nevis
- Meeting Creek (17 miles [27.4 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Red Willow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Red Willow ...
Looking for more information about Red Willow? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Red Willow, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Red Willow.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Red Willow
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Red Willow. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Red Willow - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Red Willow). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Red Willow or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Red Willow) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Red Willow. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Red WillowOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Red Willow. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4502, Longitude: -112.5720 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|