Welcome to Nevis ...
Time Zone: Nevis lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Nevis: (403) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Nevis: T0C<2>
Communities Also Named Nevis ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Nevis - they are located in Minnesota and New York.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Nevis.
Communities near Nevis ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Nevis.
- Stettler (11 miles [17.7 km] to the east)
- Alix (9 miles [14.5 km] to the west)
- Bashaw (16 miles [25.7 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bashaw
- Bashaw lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the north of Nevis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bashaw came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bashaw
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bashaw<4>
- Delburne (15 miles [24.1 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Delburne
- Delburne lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the southwest of Nevis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Delburne
- Mirror (9 miles [14.5 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Nevis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- Erskine (4 miles [6.4 km] to the southeast)
- Botha (19 miles [30.6 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Botha
- Botha lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the east of Nevis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Botha
- White Sands (10 miles [16.1 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White Sands
- White Sands lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the northeast of Nevis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White Sands
- Tees (16 miles [25.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tees
- Tees lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Nevis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tees
- Rochon Sands (8 miles [12.9 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rochon Sands
- Rochon Sands lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northeast of Nevis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rochon Sands
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Nevis ...
Looking for more information about Nevis? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Nevis, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Nevis.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Nevis
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nevis. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Nevis). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Nevis or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Nevis) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nevis. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NevisOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nevis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3492, Longitude: -112.9808 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|