Welcome to Rochon Sands ...
The village of Rochon Sands was incorporated May 17, 1929.
Time Zone: Rochon Sands lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Rochon Sands: (403) and (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Rochon Sands: T0C<2>
Communities near Rochon Sands ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Rochon Sands.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bashaw came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bashaw
- Bashaw lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Rochon Sands
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bashaw
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bashaw<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the west of Rochon Sands
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Botha
- Botha lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southeast of Rochon Sands
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Botha
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tees
- Tees lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the west of Rochon Sands
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tees
- Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the east of Rochon Sands
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nevis came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nevis
- Nevis lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southwest of Rochon Sands
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nevis
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Rochon Sands ...
Looking for more information about Rochon Sands? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Rochon Sands, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Rochon Sands.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rochon Sands. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Rochon Sands). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Rochon Sands or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Rochon Sands) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Rochon Sands. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Rochon Sands
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rochon Sands. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4604, Longitude: -112.8846
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|