Welcome to Stettler ...
The town of Stettler was founded in 1905.
Stettler is 2,670 feet [814 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Stettler is ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Stettler lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Stettler: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Stettler: T0C<3>
Websites for Stettler ...
Official Website: www.stettler.net/
Communities Also Named Stettler ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Stettler - it's located in Utah.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Stettler.
Communities near Stettler ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Stettler.
- Mirror (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Stettler
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- Erskine (7 miles [11.3 km] to the west)
- Donalda (18 miles [29 km] to the north)
- Botha (7 miles [11.3 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Botha
- Botha lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the east of Stettler
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Botha
- White Sands (11 miles [17.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White Sands
- White Sands lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Stettler
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White Sands
- Rochon Sands (11 miles [17.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rochon Sands
- Rochon Sands lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Stettler
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rochon Sands
- Red Willow (10 miles [16.1 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Stettler
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Gadsby (15 miles [24.1 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gadsby
- Gadsby lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the east of Stettler
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gadsby came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gadsby
- Nevis (11 miles [17.7 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nevis
- Nevis lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the west of Stettler
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nevis came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nevis
- Oberlin (8 miles [12.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oberlin
- Oberlin lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the west of Stettler
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oberlin
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Stettler ...
Looking for more information about Stettler? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Stettler, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Stettler.
Adding Stettler to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Stettler was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Stettler on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Alberta (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Stettler on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Stettler
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Stettler: www.stettler.net/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Stettler - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Stettler, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Stettler). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Stettler or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Stettler) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Stettler. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from StettlerOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stettler. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3227, Longitude: -112.7109 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|