Communities Also Named Nevis ...
We have found two communities that share the name Nevis.
Within Alberta, the name Nevis is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Hubbard County
- This Nevis is located in Hubbard County and lies 888 miles [1,429.1 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nevis
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Hubbard County community of Nevis.
- New York
- Columbia County
- This Nevis is located in Columbia County and lies 1,939 miles [3,120.5 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nevis
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Columbia County community of Nevis.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Nevis ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Valley
- Big Valley lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southeast of Nevis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Valley<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byemoor
- Byemoor lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Nevis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Byemoor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byemoor
- Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the northeast of Nevis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Nevis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- New Norway
- Red Deer
- Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the northeast of Nevis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springbrook
- Springbrook lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> to the west of Nevis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springbrook
How Far From Nevis to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Nevis to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Nevis and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 85 miles [136.8 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Nevis to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,737 miles [2,795.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,311 miles [10,156.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,078 miles [11,390.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,152 miles [8,291.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nevis. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Nevis) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nevis. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NevisOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nevis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3492, Longitude: -112.9808 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Nevis to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.391 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.166 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.027 degrees.||