Communities Also Named Red Willow ...
We have found one communities that share the name Red Willow.
Within Alberta, the name Red Willow is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Red Willow in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Red Willow County
- This Red Willow is located in Red Willow County and lies 1,018 miles [1,638.3 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Red Willow County community of Red Willow.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Red Willow ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alliance
- Alliance lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the east of Red Willow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance
- Big Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Valley
- Big Valley lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the south of Red Willow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Valley<3>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Byemoor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byemoor
- Byemoor lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<1> to the south of Red Willow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byemoor
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the east of Red Willow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Leo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leo
- Leo lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the south of Red Willow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leo
- Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Red Willow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the west of Red Willow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- New Norway
How Far From Red Willow to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Red Willow to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Red Willow and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 85 miles [136.8 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Red Willow to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,720 miles [2,768.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 98 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,297 miles [10,134 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,064 miles [11,368.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,136 miles [8,265.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Red Willow. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Red Willow) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Red Willow. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Red Willow
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Red Willow. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4502, Longitude: -112.5720
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Red Willow to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.064 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.803 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.74 degrees.||