Curious and Interesting Names Near Neutral Hills ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alliance
- Alliance lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> to the west of Neutral Hills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coronation
- Coronation lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southwest of Neutral Hills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coronation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the north of Neutral Hills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monitor
- Monitor lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southeast of Neutral Hills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monitor
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Throne came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Throne
- Throne lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southwest of Neutral Hills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Throne
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Veteran came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Veteran
- Veteran lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Neutral Hills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Veteran
How Far From Neutral Hills to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Neutral Hills to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Neutral Hills and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 139 miles [223.7 km]<1> to the northwest (NW). If you could drive a straight line from Neutral Hills to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,651 miles [2,657 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 94 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,278 miles [10,103.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,046 miles [11,339.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,103 miles [8,212.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Neutral Hills. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Neutral Hills) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Neutral Hills. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Neutral Hills
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Neutral Hills. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.2375, Longitude: -110.9424
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Neutral Hills to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.755 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.30 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.705 degrees.||