Curious and Interesting Names Near Nacmine ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aerial
- Aerial lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Nacmine
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Aerial. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aerial
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carbon
- Carbon lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the west of Nacmine
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carbon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carbon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dorothy
- Dorothy lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southeast of Nacmine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dorothy
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rockyford
- Rockyford lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Nacmine
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rockyford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rockyford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosebud
- Rosebud lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Nacmine
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosebud came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosebud
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rosebud<4>
- Rosedale Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Station
- Rosedale Station lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the southeast of Nacmine
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Twining
- Twining lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Nacmine
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Twining. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Twining
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Nacmine. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Glen Gorbous (Major League Baseball)
- Major League Baseball. He was born in Drumheller (Alberta) on Tueday July 8, 1930 and died in Calgary (Alberta) on Tueday June 12, 1990 at the age of 59.
- Drumheller is located 3 miles [4.8 km] to the east of Nacmine.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Glen Gorbous<5>
How Far From Nacmine to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Nacmine to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Nacmine and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 146 miles [235 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Nacmine to Edmonton, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,729 miles [2,782.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,361 miles [10,237 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,129 miles [11,473 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,194 miles [8,358.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nacmine. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Nacmine) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nacmine. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NacmineOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nacmine. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4705, Longitude: -112.7860 |
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Nacmine to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.223 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.90 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.048 degrees.||