Although we found mention of Mackay during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Over time, we expect to discover additional information that will be added to our Gazetteer..
When we're planning a trip and want to make reservations or still at home and looking for a place to eat, we usually start by visiting the TripAdvisor website. Once on their website we search for what's available, then check the recommendations and experiences of other people.
Although there are many ways of searching the TripAdvisor website, we prefer to start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page. On the Tourism page you'll find a quick overview of the community, with links to restaurants, lodging, flights, rentals and nearby attractions.
While we are unaware of a TripAdvisor Tourism page that is specific to Mackay, there are nearby communities that are likely to provide the information that you're looking for. If you want to learn more about those communities, the following map should be of help.
List of Neighboring TripAdvisor Tourism Pages ...
Below is a list of those communities which have a TripAdvisor Tourism page and are relatively close to Mackay - within 38 miles [61.2 km]<2>.
Our list sorts the communities in alphabetical order. There are 8 communities listed:
- Drayton Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Entwistle
- Entwistle lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the east of Mackay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Entwistle came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Entwistle
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Entwistle<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Evansburg
- Evansburg lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the east of Mackay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Evansburg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Evansburg
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Evansburg<3>
- Seba Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seba Beach
- Seba Beach lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the east of Mackay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seba Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seba Beach
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Seba Beach<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitecourt
- Whitecourt lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> to the north of Mackay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Whitecourt came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitecourt
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Whitecourt<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wildwood
- Wildwood lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the east of Mackay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wildwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wildwood
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wildwood<3>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Mackay and then turned west". While Mackay could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Mackay as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Mackay could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Alberta community named Mackay.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mackay) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mackay. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MackayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mackay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.6500, Longitude: -115.5833 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|