Around Killam ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Viking. It is located about 20 miles [32 km] to the north of Killam.
The next largest community is Castor.
It is located about 39 miles [ km] to the south of Killam
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Alliance (24 miles [38.6 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alliance
- Alliance lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the south of Killam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance
- Ankerton (19 miles [30.6 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ankerton
- Ankerton lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the west of Killam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ankerton
- Bellshill (19 miles [30.6 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bellshill
- Bellshill lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southeast of Killam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bellshill
- Berkinshaw (25 miles [40.2 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Berkinshaw
- Berkinshaw lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the south of Killam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Berkinshaw
- Daysland (17 miles [27.4 km] to the west)
- Forestburg (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest)
- Galahad (19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the south of Killam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Hardisty (24 miles [38.6 km] to the east)
- Heisler (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heisler
- Heisler lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Killam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heisler
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jarrow (21 miles [33.8 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jarrow
- Jarrow lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Killam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jarrow
- Lougheed (13 miles [20.9 km] to the east)
- Rosalind (24 miles [38.6 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosalind
- Rosalind lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the west of Killam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosalind
- Sedgewick (6 miles [9.7 km] to the east)
- Strome (8 miles [12.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Strome
- Strome lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the west of Killam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Strome
- Viking (20 miles [32.2 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the north of Killam
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<3>
Curious and Interesting Names Near Killam ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Killam.
Airports Near Killam ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Killam and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Killam.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Killam ...
Looking for more information about Killam? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Killam. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Killam, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Killam.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Killam
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Killam: www.town.killam.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Killam were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Killam) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Killam. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KillamOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Killam. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.7910, Longitude: -111.8608 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Killam), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|