Curious and Interesting Names Near Halkirk ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alliance
- Alliance lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the northeast of Halkirk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byemoor
- Byemoor lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the south of Halkirk
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Byemoor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byemoor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fleet
- Fleet lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the southeast of Halkirk
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fleet came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fleet
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the northeast of Halkirk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hartshorn
- Hartshorn lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the south of Halkirk
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hartshorn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartshorn
- Heart Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heart Lake
- Heart Lake lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the south of Halkirk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heart Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leo
- Leo lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the southwest of Halkirk
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Leo. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leo
- Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northwest of Halkirk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
How Far From Halkirk to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Halkirk to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Halkirk and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 103 miles [165.8 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Halkirk to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 4 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,702 miles [2,739.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 67 days and walking would take 97 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,299 miles [10,137.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,066 miles [11,371.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,133 miles [8,260.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Halkirk. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Halkirk) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Halkirk. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HalkirkOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Halkirk. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.2833, Longitude: -112.1500 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Halkirk to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.723 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.402 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.491 degrees.||