Communities Also Named Gadsby ...
We have found one communities that share the name Gadsby.
Within Alberta, the name Gadsby is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Gadsby in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Salt Lake County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Utah community of Gadsby [Salt Lake County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Gadsby ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alliance
- Alliance lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the east of Gadsby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance
- Big Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Valley
- Big Valley lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Gadsby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Valley<4>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Byemoor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byemoor
- Byemoor lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the south of Gadsby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byemoor
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northeast of Gadsby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hartshorn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hartshorn
- Hartshorn lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the south of Gadsby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartshorn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Leo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leo
- Leo lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the south of Gadsby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leo
- Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Gadsby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
How Far From Gadsby to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Gadsby to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Gadsby and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 98 miles [157.7 km]<2> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Gadsby to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,710 miles [2,752 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 67 days and walking would take 98 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,302 miles [10,142.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,069 miles [11,376.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,138 miles [8,268.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Gadsby. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Gadsby could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Gadsby) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Gadsby. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Gadsby
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gadsby. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3000, Longitude: -112.3500
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Gadsby to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.884 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.586 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.62 degrees.||