Curious and Interesting Names Near Edberg ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Hay Lakes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hay Lakes
- Hay Lakes lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the north of Edberg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay Lakes
- Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the south of Edberg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Edberg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- New Norway
- Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the south of Edberg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Round Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Hill
- Round Hill lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the north of Edberg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Round Hill
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Edberg. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- August Solberg 'Gus' Marker (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Wetaskiwin (Alberta) on Tueday August 1, 1905 and died in Kingston (Ontario) on Tueday October 7, 1997 at the age of 92. He is buried at Cataraqui Cemetery (Frontenac County, Ontario).
- Wetaskiwin is located 27 miles [43.5 km] to the northwest of Edberg.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: August Solberg 'Gus' Marker<3>
How Far From Edberg to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Edberg to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Edberg and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 60 miles [96.6 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could walk a straight line from Edberg to Edmonton, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take about three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,730 miles [2,784.2 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,280 miles [10,106.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,047 miles [11,341 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,124 miles [8,246.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Edberg. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Edberg) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Edberg. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Edberg
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Edberg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.7844, Longitude: -112.7857
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Edberg to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.238 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.029 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.822 degrees.||