Welcome to Dogpound ...
Dogpound is 3,900 feet [1,189 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Dogpound is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Dogpound lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Dogpound: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Dogpound: T0M<3>
Communities near Dogpound ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dogpound.
- Cochrane (18 miles [29 km] to the south)
- Didsbury (18 miles [29 km] to the northeast)
- Carstairs (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northeast)
- Crossfield (15 miles [24.1 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crossfield
- Crossfield lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the east of Dogpound
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crossfield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crossfield
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crossfield<5>
- Cremona (7 miles [11.3 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cremona
- Cremona lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Dogpound
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cremona
- Cochrane Lake (14 miles [22.5 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cochrane Lake
- Cochrane Lake lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the south of Dogpound
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cochrane Lake
- Bottrell (4 miles [6.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bottrell
- Bottrell lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Dogpound
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bottrell
- Madden (6 miles [9.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Madden
- Madden lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Dogpound
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Madden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Madden
- Water Valley (11 miles [17.7 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Water Valley
- Water Valley lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the west of Dogpound
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Water Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Water Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Water Valley<5>
- Mitford (18 miles [29 km] to the south) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mitford
- Mitford was located 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Dogpound
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Mitford. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Dogpound ...
Looking for more information about Dogpound? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Dogpound, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Dogpound.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dogpound. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Dogpound - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Dogpound, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Dogpound). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Dogpound or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Dogpound) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dogpound. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DogpoundOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dogpound. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4574, Longitude: -114.3996 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|