Welcome to Crossfield ...
The town of Crossfield was founded in 1892 and was incorporated as a town in 1980.
Crossfield is 3,620 feet [1,103 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Crossfield is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Crossfield lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Crossfield: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Crossfield: T0M<3>
Websites for Crossfield ...
Official Website: www.crossfieldalberta.com/
Communities Also Named Crossfield ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Crossfield - it's located in Tennessee.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Crossfield.
Communities near Crossfield ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Crossfield.
- Airdrie (10 miles [16.1 km] to the south)
- Didsbury (16 miles [25.7 km] to the north)
- Carstairs (9 miles [14.5 km] to the north)
- Irricana (19 miles [30.6 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Irricana
- Irricana lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Crossfield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Irricana came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Irricana
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Irricana<5>
- Madden (13 miles [20.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Madden
- Madden lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the west of Crossfield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Madden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Madden
- Balzac (14 miles [22.5 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Balzac
- Balzac lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the south of Crossfield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Balzac came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Balzac
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Balzac<5>
- Dogpound (15 miles [24.1 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dogpound
- Dogpound lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the west of Crossfield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dogpound
- Neapolis (16 miles [25.7 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neapolis
- Neapolis lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Crossfield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neapolis
- Bottrell (18 miles [29 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bottrell
- Bottrell lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the west of Crossfield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bottrell
- Kathyrn (20 miles [32.2 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kathyrn
- Kathyrn lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the southeast of Crossfield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kathyrn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kathyrn
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Crossfield ...
Looking for more information about Crossfield? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Crossfield, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Crossfield.
Adding Crossfield to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Crossfield was
We also found Crossfield on a map titled Shell Oil Road Map for Southern Alberta (1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Crossfield on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Crossfield
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Crossfield: www.crossfieldalberta.com/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Crossfield - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Crossfield). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Crossfield or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Crossfield) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Crossfield. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CrossfieldOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Crossfield. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4333, Longitude: -114.0333 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|