Welcome to Carstairs ...
The town of Carstairs was founded in 1903 and was incorporated in 1966.
Carstairs is 3,400 feet [1,036 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Carstairs is about ¾ mile [or ~1 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Carstairs lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Carstairs: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Carstairs: T0M<3>
Websites for Carstairs ...
Official Website: www.carstairs.ca/
Communities near Carstairs ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Carstairs.
- Airdrie (19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
- Olds (15 miles [24.1 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Olds
- Olds lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Carstairs
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Olds came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Olds
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Olds<5>
- Didsbury (7 miles [11.3 km] to the north)
- Crossfield (9 miles [14.5 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crossfield
- Crossfield lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the south of Carstairs
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crossfield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crossfield
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crossfield<5>
- Cremona (16 miles [25.7 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cremona
- Cremona lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the west of Carstairs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cremona
- Neapolis (11 miles [17.7 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neapolis
- Neapolis lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Carstairs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neapolis
- Dogpound (14 miles [22.5 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dogpound
- Dogpound lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Carstairs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dogpound
- Madden (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Madden
- Madden lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Carstairs
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Madden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Madden
- Bottrell (19 miles [30.6 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bottrell
- Bottrell lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southwest of Carstairs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bottrell
- Netook (22 miles [35.4 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Netook
- Netook lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the north of Carstairs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Netook
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Carstairs ...
Looking for more information about Carstairs? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Carstairs, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Carstairs.
Adding Carstairs to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Carstairs was
We also found Carstairs on a map titled Shell Oil Road Map for Southern Alberta (1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Carstairs on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Carstairs
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Carstairs: www.carstairs.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Carstairs - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Carstairs). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Carstairs or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Carstairs) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carstairs. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CarstairsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carstairs. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.5620, Longitude: -114.0958 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|