Welcome to Olds ...
The town of Olds is 3,390 feet [1,033 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Olds is about ¾ mile [or ~1 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Olds lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Olds: (403) and (587)<2>
Websites for Olds ...
Official Website: www.olds.ca/
Communities Also Named Olds ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 6 communities that are also named Olds - they are located in Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, North Carolina, Tennessee and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Olds.
Communities near Olds ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Olds.
- Innisfail (18 miles [29 km] to the north)
- Didsbury (8 miles [12.9 km] to the south)
- Carstairs (15 miles [24.1 km] to the south)
- Bowden (9 miles [14.5 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bowden
- Bowden lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the north of Olds
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bowden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bowden
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bowden<4>
- Netook (7 miles [11.3 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Netook
- Netook lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Olds
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Netook
- Henday (12 miles [19.3 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Henday
- Henday lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the north of Olds
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Henday
- Neapolis (13 miles [20.9 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neapolis
- Neapolis lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Olds
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neapolis
- Mayton (15 miles [24.1 km] to the east) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mayton
- Mayton was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the east of Olds
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Mayton. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Dickson (20 miles [32.2 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dickson
- Dickson lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the northwest of Olds
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dickson came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dickson
- Kevisville (21 miles [33.8 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kevisville
- Kevisville lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the northwest of Olds
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kevisville
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Olds ...
Looking for more information about Olds? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Olds, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Olds.
Adding Olds to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Olds was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Olds on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Olds
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Olds: www.olds.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Olds - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Olds) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Olds. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from OldsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Olds. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.7833, Longitude: -114.1000 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|