Welcome to Didsbury ...
The town of Didsbury was settled in 1894 and was incorporated as a town September 6, 1906.
Didsbury is 3,350 feet [1,021 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Didsbury is about ¾ mile [or ~1 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Didsbury lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Didsbury: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Didsbury: T0M<3>
Websites for Didsbury ...
Official Website: www.didsbury.ca/
Communities near Didsbury ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Didsbury.
- Olds (8 miles [12.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Olds
- Olds lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the north of Didsbury
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Olds came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Olds
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Olds<6>
- Carstairs (7 miles [11.3 km] to the south)
- Crossfield (16 miles [25.7 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crossfield
- Crossfield lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Didsbury
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crossfield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crossfield
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crossfield<6>
- Bowden (18 miles [29 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bowden
- Bowden lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the north of Didsbury
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bowden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bowden
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bowden<6>
- Cremona (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cremona
- Cremona lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Didsbury
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cremona
- Neapolis (11 miles [17.7 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neapolis
- Neapolis lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the east of Didsbury
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neapolis
- Netook (15 miles [24.1 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Netook
- Netook lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Didsbury
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Netook
- Dogpound (18 miles [29 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dogpound
- Dogpound lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southwest of Didsbury
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dogpound
- Henday (20 miles [32.2 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Henday
- Henday lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the north of Didsbury
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Henday
- Mayton (20 miles [32.2 km] to the northeast) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mayton
- Mayton was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northeast of Didsbury
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Mayton. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Didsbury ...
Looking for more information about Didsbury? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Didsbury, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Didsbury.
Adding Didsbury to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Didsbury was
We also found Didsbury on a map titled Shell Oil Road Map for Southern Alberta (1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Didsbury on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Didsbury
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Didsbury: www.didsbury.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Didsbury - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Didsbury). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Didsbury or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Didsbury) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Didsbury. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DidsburyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Didsbury. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.6614, Longitude: -114.1359 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|