Welcome to Didsbury ...
The town of Didsbury was settled in 1894.
Didsbury is 3,350 feet [1,021 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Didsbury is about ¾ mile [or ~1 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Didsbury lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Didsbury: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Didsbury: T0M<3>
Websites for Didsbury ...
Official Website: www.didsbury.ca/
Communities near Didsbury ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Didsbury.
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the north)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Olds came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Olds
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Olds
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Olds <5>
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the south)
(16 miles [25.7 km] to the south)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crossfield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crossfield
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Crossfield
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crossfield <5>
(18 miles [29 km] to the north)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bowden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bowden
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Bowden
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bowden <5>
(17 miles [27.4 km] to the southwest)
(11 miles [17.7 km] to the east)
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the north)
(18 miles [29 km] to the southwest)
(20 miles [32.2 km] to the north)
- Mayton ‑ Historic
(20 miles [32.2 km] to the northeast)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Mayton. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mayton
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Didsbury ...
Looking for more information about Didsbury? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Didsbury, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Didsbury.
Adding Didsbury to Our Gazetteer ...
The earliest source we've referenced which mentioned Didsbury was mentioned on a train schedule titled Canadian Pacific Railroad Time Tables (October 1899).
We also found Didsbury mentioned on a train schedule titled Canadian Pacific Railroad Time Table (1940).
For more details, see References and Mentions for Didsbury.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Didsbury: www.didsbury.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Didsbury - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Didsbury). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Didsbury or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|