Our Genealogy Helper for Dogpound ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Dogpound (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Dogpound. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Dogpound:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Dogpound ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Dogpound.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Dogpound covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- West Brook Cemetery
- Cremona Cemetery
- Big Prairie Cemetery
- Carstairs Cemetery
- St. Andrew's Cemetery
- St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- The St. Mary's RC Cemetery is located in Cochrane.St. Mary's RC Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the south of Dogpound.
- St. Mary's RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1980174<1>
- Continue List ...
- Crossfield Cemetery
- Didsbury Cemetery
- Mitford Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mitford Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Mitford Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Mitford Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the south of Dogpound.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mitford Cemetery
- Airdrie Cemetery
- Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- The Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery is located 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Carstairs.More accurately, Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km] to the northeast of Dogpound.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Springbank United Church Cemetery
- Hainstock Cemetery
- Olds Cemetery
- Wesley Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Wesley Cemetery
- Wesley Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Dogpound.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wesley Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Dogpound. See our List of 1890's Communities around Dogpound.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dogpound. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dogpound) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dogpound. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DogpoundOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dogpound. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4574, Longitude: -114.3996 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|