Welcome to Bergen ...
Bergen is 3,770 feet [1,149 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Bergen is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Bergen lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Bergen: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Bergen: T0M<3>
Adding Bergen to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Bergen was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Bergen on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Bergen ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 7 communities that are also named Bergen - they are located in Illinois, Manitoba, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Bergen.
Communities near Bergen ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Bergen.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cremona
- Cremona lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Bergen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cremona
- James River Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for James River Bridge
- James River Bridge lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Bergen
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for James River Bridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on James River Bridge
- Water Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Water Valley
- Water Valley lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Bergen
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Water Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Water Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Water Valley<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dogpound
- Dogpound lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the southeast of Bergen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dogpound
- Burnstick Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burnstick Lake
- Burnstick Lake lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the northwest of Bergen
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burnstick Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burnstick Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bottrell
- Bottrell lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the south of Bergen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bottrell
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kevisville
- Kevisville lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the north of Bergen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kevisville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Olds
- Olds lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the east of Bergen
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Olds came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Olds
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Olds<5>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bergen ...
Looking for more information about Bergen? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Bergen, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Bergen.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bergen. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Bergen - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Bergen, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Bergen). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Bergen or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bergen) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bergen. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BergenOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bergen. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.7081, Longitude: -114.6338 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|