Curious and Interesting Names Near Consort ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chinook
- Chinook lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the south of Consort
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chinook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chinook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coronation
- Coronation lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the west of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coronation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the north of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monitor
- Monitor lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the east of Consort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monitor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Throne
- Throne lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Consort
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Throne came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Throne
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Veteran
- Veteran lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the west of Consort
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Veteran came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Veteran
How Far From Consort to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Consort to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Consort and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 155 miles [249.4 km]<1> to the northwest (NW). If you could drive a straight line from Consort to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,643 miles [2,644.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 94 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,288 miles [10,119.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,056 miles [11,355.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,110 miles [8,223.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Consort: www.village.consort.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Consort) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Consort. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ConsortOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Consort. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.0109, Longitude: -110.7725 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Consort to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.618 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.124 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.636 degrees.||