Welcome to Cold Lake South ...
We don't have a date for the establishment of Cold Lake South.
The community of Cold Lake South was previously named Grand Centre.
Cold Lake South is 1,760 feet [536 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Cold Lake South lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Cold Lake South (for example, toward Goodsoil (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Area codes for Cold Lake South: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Cold Lake South: T9M<3>
Communities near Cold Lake South ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cold Lake South.
- Cold Lake (3 miles [4.8 km] to the north)
- Pierceland (18 miles [29 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pierceland
- Pierceland lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Cold Lake South
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pierceland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pierceland
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Pierceland<5>
- Ardmore (12 miles [19.3 km] to the southwest)
- Fort Kent (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Kent
- Fort Kent lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Cold Lake South
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Kent
- Cherry Grove (6 miles [9.7 km] to the southeast)
- Beaverdam (15 miles [24.1 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaverdam
- Beaverdam lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Cold Lake South
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaverdam came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaverdam
- Northern Pine (20 miles [32.2 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Northern Pine
- Northern Pine lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the east of Cold Lake South
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northern Pine
- La Corey (22 miles [35.4 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Corey
- La Corey lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the west of Cold Lake South
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for La Corey came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on La Corey
- Beacon Hill (22 miles [35.4 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beacon Hill
- Beacon Hill lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the east of Cold Lake South
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beacon Hill
- Bonnyville (23 miles [37 km] to the southwest)
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cold Lake South ...
Looking for more information about Cold Lake South? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Cold Lake South, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Cold Lake South.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cold Lake South. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Cold Lake South - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Cold Lake South, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Cold Lake South). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Cold Lake South or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cold Lake South) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cold Lake South. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cold Lake SouthOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cold Lake South. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.4155, Longitude: -110.2093 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|