Welcome to Goodsoil ...
The village of Goodsoil is 1,730 feet [527 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Goodsoil lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel west from Goodsoil (for example, toward Cold Lake (AB)), you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Area codes for Goodsoil: (306) & (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Goodsoil: S0M<3>
Adding Goodsoil to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Goodsoil was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Goodsoil on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Goodsoil ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Goodsoil.
- Beacon Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beacon Hill
- Beacon Hill lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Goodsoil
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beacon Hill
- Northern Pine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Northern Pine
- Northern Pine lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the west of Goodsoil
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northern Pine
- Loon River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Loon River
- Loon River lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the southeast of Goodsoil
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Loon River
- Greig Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greig Lake
- Greig Lake lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the east of Goodsoil
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greig Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greig Lake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Pine Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pine Cove
- Pine Cove lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the south of Goodsoil
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pierceland
- Pierceland lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the west of Goodsoil
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pierceland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pierceland
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Pierceland<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dorintosh
- Dorintosh lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the east of Goodsoil
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dorintosh
- Rapid View
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rapid View
- Rapid View lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Goodsoil
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rapid View
- Loon Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Makwa
- Makwa lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the southeast of Goodsoil
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Makwa came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Makwa
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Goodsoil ...
Looking for more information about Goodsoil? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Goodsoil, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Goodsoil.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Goodsoil. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Goodsoil - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Goodsoil). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Goodsoil or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Goodsoil) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Goodsoil. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GoodsoilOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Goodsoil. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.4008, Longitude: -109.2299 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|