Welcome to Cold Lake (aka 'Cold Lake North') ...
A typical abbreviation for Cold Lake: Cold Lk.
While we don't have a date for the establishment of Cold Lake, you might get a feel for its founding by knowing that they incorporated as a city October 1, 2000.
The city of Cold Lake has also been called Cold Lake North.
The city of Cold Lake is 1,820 feet [555 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Cold Lake lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Cold Lake (for example, toward Goodsoil (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Cold Lake: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Cold Lake: T9M<3>
Websites for Cold Lake ...
Official Website: www.coldlake.com/
Communities Also Named Cold Lake ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Cold Lake - it's located in Manitoba.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Cold Lake.
Communities near Cold Lake ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cold Lake.
- Pierceland (18 miles [29 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pierceland
- Pierceland lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southeast of Cold Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pierceland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pierceland
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Pierceland<6>
- Ardmore (15 miles [24.1 km] to the southwest)
- Medley (4 miles [6.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Medley
- Medley lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Cold Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Medley
- Beaver Crossing (7 miles [11.3 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Crossing
- Beaver Crossing lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the south of Cold Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Crossing came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Crossing
- Cherry Grove (8 miles [12.9 km] to the southeast)
- Beaverdam (18 miles [29 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaverdam
- Beaverdam lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Cold Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaverdam came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaverdam
- Northern Pine (18 miles [29 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Northern Pine
- Northern Pine lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Cold Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northern Pine
- Fort Kent (20 miles [32.2 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Kent
- Fort Kent lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the southwest of Cold Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Kent
- Beacon Hill (22 miles [35.4 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beacon Hill
- Beacon Hill lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the east of Cold Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beacon Hill
- La Corey (23 miles [37 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Corey
- La Corey lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the west of Cold Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for La Corey came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on La Corey
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cold Lake ...
Looking for more information about Cold Lake? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Cold Lake, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Cold Lake.
Adding Cold Lake to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Cold Lake was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Cold Lake on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Alberta (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Cold Lake on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Cold Lake
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Cold Lake: www.coldlake.com/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Cold Lake - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Cold Lake, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Cold Lake). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Cold Lake or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cold Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cold Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cold LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cold Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.4642, Longitude: -110.1747 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|